Last Updated 1 month by Emily Standley-Allard
Social bookmarking sites help increase your website traffic and are beneficial to growing your business, branding, promotion and indexing. It should be high on the agenda to grow your business in 2023 and beyond.
The following list contains 200 of the most valuable social bookmarking sites on the internet will give you a huge push in the right direction.
Whether you’re aware of social bookmarking or have only just encountered the term, our advice will equip you with the tools and knowledge to unlock the full potential of this truly incredible digital strategy.
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase it will be at no additional cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more information.
Social bookmarking is a digital process that has existed for almost as long as the internet itself.
It is a process in which users can store, organize, and manage “bookmarked” web pages.
Users can visit a social bookmarking site and then save and share web pages with other people on that website.
This is a great way for fans to share content that they love and feel passionate about.
For businesses, bloggers, and entrepreneurs, it’s the perfect way to gain increased traffic to a website homepage or specific piece of content.
- Best and Most Affordable Social Media Management Tools in 2023
- Is ‘Unhinged’ Social Media Content Worth it for Your Business?
- Customizable Social Media Templates
- How to Build a Successful Social Media Strategy in 4 Simple Steps
How to use Social Bookmarking
When adding a new bookmark to the directory, the use of tags (which are essentially lie keywords) allow other users to find the content by browsing bookmarks related to the topics and tags that pique their interest.
Social bookmarking is, when used to its full potential, a very powerful tool that brings a host of rewarding features.
These include but are not limited to;
- Enhanced SEO because search engines will crawl the social bookmarking sites for content and web pages,
- See quality traffic from users that have found your site and bookmarks while actively seeking websites and content like yours,
- Secure extra traffic from social sharing while also appearing on other social bookmarking sites without excess effort,
- Improve your domain authority with search engines and website users alike for low bounce rates and improved visibility,
- Gain further sharing by actively encouraging social bookmarking from your web pages with social buttons.
When creating a social bookmark entry, it’s important to remember that search engines are an integral feature.
Consequently, then, you must ensure that the post is supported by accurate and detailed information.
First and foremost, you must create a profile that includes your URL and a profile image.
Following this, you’ll need to add a title, description, and tags.
Given that search engines will analyze the title and description for your URL, it’s vital that you employ the necessary levels of accuracy.
Last but not least, you need to ensure that the bookmarks you intend to save and share are relevant for the audiences and the tags being used.
Crucially, you need to find social bookmarking sites that have large followings and will get indexed by search engines too.
As such, using the list below of the best social bookmarking sites is a crucial step in the blueprint for your digital marketing success.
Here they are!
The Ultimate List of 200 Social Bookmarking Sites
Given its longstanding history within the digital marketing and user experience, many of the top social bookmarking sites have existed for several years.
However, there are a number of new entrants as well as smaller social bookmarking sites that have grown in reputation and presence in more recent times.
Here are some of the most popular social bookmarking sites:
- Pinterest: Pinterest is a visual social bookmarking site that allows users to save and share images and videos they find interesting or useful. Users can create boards to organize their pins and follow other users to discover new content.
- Reddit: Reddit is a social bookmarking site that allows users to share links, images, and text posts. Users can upvote or downvote posts, and the most popular posts rise to the top of the site.
- Diigo: Diigo is a social bookmarking site that allows users to save web pages, annotate them, and share them with others. Users can also highlight text on web pages and save them as separate notes.
- Pocket: Pocket is a social bookmarking site that allows users to save web pages, videos, and articles to read later. Users can also explore recommended content based on their interests.
- Flipboard: Flipboard is a social bookmarking site that is focused on news and current events. Users can create their own personalized magazine, which includes articles from their favorite sources.
List of Top Social Bookmarking Sites for 2023
Mastering the Art of Social Media – Scale, Grow and Monetize Your Business!
- 19 Gift Ideas Exclusively for Content Creators and Entrepreneurs
- Important Considerations for Businesses with Remote Workers
- How to Get Paid for Things You Do Online Daily
- 19 Great Holiday Gift Ideas for the Gen Xer in Your Life
- 14 Ways to Make Your Small Business Eco-Friendly
Social bookmarking sites make it easy to keep track of your favorite websites and access your bookmarks from any device and share your work with others.
Follow for more of the top ways to start, grow and promote your business online!
- Affiliate Marketing
- Branding Tips
- Content Creators
- Content Marketing
- Copywriting and Content Writing
- Digital Products
- Email Marketing Tips
- Entrepreneur Tips
- Gift Guides
- Home Business
- Making Money Online
- Online Business
- Profitable Niches
- Read the Blog
- Remote Work
- Side Hustles From Home
- Social Media
- Social Media Influencers
- Socialbuzzhive Latest Blog Posts
- Website Tips