Last Updated 7 months by Emily Standley-Allard
Travel resonates with bloggers differently. While one writer may love to experience a bustling city on vacation, another might love to travel to a more intimate location. For example, Mexico City is one of the best INFP travel destinations, whereas an ESTP might instead go to Bali. Here are 3 travel ideas for bloggers based on each personality type.
What’s Your Personality Type?
If you’re unsure what your personality type is, take a test and find out! Taking a personality test is fun and valuable in all aspects of your life, not just deciding where to go on vacation.
Sixteen personality types consist of your behaviors. You can use your personality test results to improve your life and customize your goals.
Personality types can come in handy in myriad ways to conquer your fears and handle many challenges.
Your Myers-Briggs personality type can also dictate your ideal destination location, which can be helpful when planning your next writers’ excursion.
Here are some destinations you might enjoy based on your personality type.
One of the ideal INFP travel destinations is Venice, where they can get lost observing the culture and history.
- INFP personalities love to immerse themselves in nature, so the Redwood forest, where they can hike or take a scenic drive to take in the sights, is right up their alley.
- A countryside getaway, like Twin Farms, Vermont, or Primland, Virginia, might be excellent INFP travel destinations.
ISFJ personality types are perceptive and enjoy learning about history, making exploring a history museum a perfect vacation activity.
- Chicago, Illinois, Dublin, Ireland, and Budapest, Hungary, are all excellent bucket list ideas for ISFJ personality types.
- Dublin would be perfect for ISFJ types concerned about getting lost or dealing with unfriendly people.
ISTJ personality types likely want a detailed travel itinerary. Spending time in nature appeals to ISTJ types on their writer getaway since they don’t like to spend money on things but rather on experiences.
- Sonoma Valley, California, is the perfect place for an ISTJ to enjoy sights like vineyards, lush gardens, and local farms.
- Kyoto, Japan, is a fantastic place to aspire to travel with its rich culture and tranquil, gorgeous architecture.
- Washington, D.C., provides a comfortable environment for ISTJs to be self-sufficient while they explore.
INFJs often long for remote locations where they can practice mindfulness and connect with nature.
- Copenhagen, Denmark, allows travelers to use their intuition as their guide as they wander the streets taking in the sights.
- The Scottish highlands offer forests, mountains, and hidden beaches for INFJs to explore.
- Iceland provides breathtaking views for INFJs to relax and recenter themselves since they tend to bite off more than they can chew.
- How to Create An Extraordinary Travel Blog
- How to Start a Successful Food Blog in 2023
- How To Start a Money-Making Blog in 5 Simple Steps in 2023
- 11 Most Profitable Freelance Services to Offer on Your Blog in 2023
- Top 10 Mistakes New Bloggers Make in 2023
- How to Make Money With Sponsored Blog Posts
ISTP personalities have an intense curiosity, making these spots ideal for their bucket list:
- Oaxaca, Mexico
- Torres del Paine National Park, Chile
- Tahiti, French Polynesia
INTJ personalities are fiercely independent and may like to travel alone to somewhere with a deep history.
- Rome, Italy, offers architectural wonders like the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, and St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Petra, Jordan, is a World Heritage Site where you can forge your path exploring sandstone structures and famous ancient sites like Shobak Castle.
- Morocco is a gorgeous place to visit, offering views of the famed white-washed houses and ancient sites like Petra and Torda Gorge.
INTPs let creativity and curiosity inspire them. INTPs are innovative thinkers and enjoy creating new ways of doing things. INTPs will want to add these places to their list:
- Berlin, Germany
- Banff National Park, Canada
- London, England
This personality type thrives on connections and ideas. ISFPs are spontaneous and seek new perspectives. They like taking risks and living life to the fullest.
- Queenstown, New Zealand, offers extreme sports and hiking trails for adventure seekers.
- Palawan, Philippines, offers deep-sea excursions and grand scenery.
- Florence, Italy, provides art at every turn with many cultural attractions.
ESFP personalities are friendly and energetic people with a knack for finding adventure.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is a chaotic and vibrant South American metropolis.
- Bogota, Colombia, has an energetic nightlife and vibrant art and fashion opportunities.
- New York City is always bustling with fashion and events, making this city perfect for ESFPs.
ENFPs are social butterflies who tend to be free-spirited and friendly. ENFPs love new experiences, making places like these perfect for their travel blogging bucket list:
- Sydney, Australia
- Boracay, Philippines
- Ibiza, Spain
ESTPs seek high-adrenaline adventure and impulse.
- Livingstone, Zambia, provides challenging adventures like intense rock climbing and sky-diving over the top of Victoria falls.
- La Fortuna, Costa Rica, offers zip-lining through the jungle and canyoning.
- Pokhara, Nepal, challenges you to go paragliding and bungee jumping.
ESTJs prefer diverse locales that are fast-paced yet saturated in tradition and order.
- Seoul, South Korea, is a stunning city with modern skyscrapers and sites like Gyeongbokgung Palace that you will love to explore.
- Rome, Italy, is perfect for ESTJs to experience with friends as they visit the Colosseum, Trastevere, and Trevi Fountain.
- Tuscany, Italy, has the best of both worlds, with a bustling city and tranquil regions.
ENTJs are known as the “commanders,” since you’re typically on the front lines of everything.
- Boulder, Colorado, has mountains for you to climb, hiking trails, and breweries to explore.
- Cusco, Peru, offers Inca ruins to marvel at and the Inca Trail to hike if you’re up for a challenge.
- Tokyo, Japan, is full of exciting places to visit.
ESFJs value family and love to infect others with their energy and optimism. ESFJs will love to experience the liveliness of these cities:
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Bali, Indonesia
- Seville, Spain
ENFJs are inspiring, passionate, and altruistic.
- ENFJs are often romantics, making Paris, France, the perfect place to add to your bucket list.
- Capetown, South Africa, has lush scenery of mountains and an opportunity to cage dive with sharks.
- Melbourne, Australia, offers many locales to meet new people and interact with them in a chill atmosphere where everyone is friendly.
ENTPs are big fans of spicing things up and getting out of routines. They thrive in fast-paced environments. The best places to put on their travel bucket list are:
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Madrid, Spain
Where to Travel Based on Your Personality
Your personality type can assist with many decisions. Why not let travel be one of them? All of these writers’ retreat destinations are worthy of your bucket list, but one might be a better fit for you than others.
Next Read>>>How to Start Your Epic Career as a Freelance Writer in 2023
Follow for more ways to skyrocket your online business and grow an authentic presence online!
Want to share your creator post online? Go here>>>Be a Guest Post Writer for Socialbuzzhive
Beth is the content manager and Managing Editor at Body+Mind. She writes about personal finance, remote work, and entrepreneurial tips. You can find Beth on Twitter @bodymindmag.
Subscribe to Body+Mind for more posts by Beth Rush!
The photo is from Unsplash: Photo by Alev Takil on Unsplash