Affiliate marketing is one of my favorite ways for bloggers to make money. I put together this list to help other bloggers find the best affiliate programs to join.
It is vital to diversify your income as a blogger and not rely too heavily on one income source. For that reason, make sure that you have several streams of blog income: ad revenue, sponsored posts, your own products and affiliate marketing.
This post contains affiliate links which means I get a small commission if you purchase anything with no cost to you! Please read my disclaimer for more information. And thank you!
Each stream is important, but affiliate marketing is my favorite way to earn money because it results in the best return relative to the amount of time I spend on it. According to Forrester Research Affiliate Marketing is set to grow by 6.8 billion in 2020.
That is why I am so surprised that the more I talk to other bloggers, the more I realize that most bloggers are under-utilizing affiliate marketing.
In the words of Michelle Schroeder Gardner who makes over $50,000 per month from affiliate marketing, “if you’re not doing affiliate marketing then you are leaving money on the table!”
Below are some hot tips for how you can start earning more in affiliate sales immediately with these 53 top paying affiliate programs for bloggers!
If you aren’t already familiar with affiliate marketing, it is basically promoting products/services and earning a commission when someone makes a purchase through your unique affiliate link. It’s a great way for bloggers to earn money by promoting things they already use and love. It’s very important that you stand by a product that you recommend in order to build trust for your audience.
Why is affiliate marketing an important income stream for bloggers?
In my opinion, affiliate marketing is the most efficient way to earn money as a blogger. Think about it. Ad revenue is directly tied to your page views. Period. If your page views don’t increase, your ad revenue will remain stagnant.
If your page views decrease, your ad revenue will also decrease.
Sponsored posts are limiting, in my opinion, for two reasons:
1) Some readers are sensitive to sponsored posts, so I like to keep the majority of my content organic and take on very few sponsored posts per month; and
2) They can take a TON of time and even if you are earning a great flat rate, your return on investment is going to be limited comparatively.
Affiliate marketing, on the other hand, is NOT directly tied to page views. I sometimes earn more through affiliate sales during months that my traffic is down than when it has hit a record high!
There are so many ways you can promote your affiliate links:
1. Read How I Earn $4500 per month with Affiliate Marketing.
2. Add your affiliate links to your Pinterest Pins!
3. Facebook (on your blog/business page, Facebook groups, Facebook live, your personal page!)
4. Instagram (make an Instagram story, Instagram Live, use the link in your bio!)
5. Twitter (you will want to tweet multiple times per day because Twitter moves fast!)
6. Through your email list (promote a sale, include in your email opt-in freebie, or check out the FREE Affiliate Marketing course here!)
7. Youtube (make a video reviewing the product you’re an affiliate for)
So how do you go about actually finding affiliate programs to join? And how do you know which programs are worth joining? Here is the perfect list to get started!
The list is broken down by niche (travel, fashion, business, tech, etc.) to help you find the perfect affiliate program for your blog!
General Retail Affiliate Programs
● ShareASale: It’s a huge affiliate network. They have thousands of merchants that can work for any niche. Fashion, travel, crafts, tech, etc. It’s free to sign up and then you get access to a ton of different affiliate programs!
● Amazon Affiliates: You can earn commission on any Amazon product!
● Ultimate Bundles: These are resources for bloggers of all niches. They have bundles for health, crafts, homemaking, blogging, writing, and photography! The bundles sell once per year, and you make 40% commission on each sale.
Blogging & Business Affiliate Programs
● Bluehost: Website hosting, $65 per sign-up and higher (this is my web host, and they sometimes have higher commissions like $100 for Black Friday!)
● ConvertKit: Email marketing platform, 30% recurring commission
● Bluchic: WordPress themes for bloggers, 25% commission
● Elegant Themes: WordPress themes for bloggers, 50% commission
● Tailwind: Pinterest scheduling tool, $0.50 per lead and 15% commission
● SendOwl: Platform for hosting digital products, 20% recurring commission
● Social Warfare: Automated social sharing program that makes it super easy to share your posts across multiple platforms.
● SemRush: Top SEO tool to help put you in the Google ten hotspot.
● Jaaxy Keyword Tool: A keyword research tool that was DESIGNED for affiliate marketers. Recommended by Wealthy Affiliate and more.
● Shopify – A popular eCommerce user friendly set up to sell anything globally. Drop shipping available and Amazon integration! Read more here:
Fashion & Beauty Affiliate Programs
● Shopstyle Collective: They have brands like ASOS, J. Crew, & Nordstrom
● Fabfitfun: $8 per sale on these fashion/beauty/fitness subscription boxes
● Stitch Fix: $25 per sale on these monthly clothing subscription boxes
● Ulta – 1-50% commission, 30 day cookie. One of the largest beauty retailers in the US.
● Bare Minerals: 8% commission (Beauty and skincare products)
● Grove Collaborative: $8 per sign-up (Beauty product delivery service)
● Stella & Dot – $100 Sign up bonus & $300 free product plus commissions!
Photography Affiliate Programs
● SC Stockshop: Stock photography for bloggers & brands, 30% commission
● Styled Stock Society: Stock photography for bloggers & brands, 30% commission
● PicMonkey: Photo editing software, 50% initial and 25% recurring commission
Travel Affiliate Programs
● Booking.com: 25% and up commission on bookings
● Airbnb: You can earn $40+ Airbnb credits for every referral you make.
● Agoda: You can receive various levels of commission for sales on Agoda, which is a hotel/hostel booking website
● Skyscanner: 50% commission on sales
● TripAdvisor: When a reader clicks through your link to TripAdvisor, and then makes a purchase from a TripAdvisor advertising partner, you will earn a 50% commission of the sales
● Cruise Direct: 3% of sales on cruise bookings
● Sandals Resorts: 4% of sales on bookings
● Lonely Planet: 15% of sales on travel guides/ebooks
● Priceline: 10% on all sales
Online Courses & Ebooks
● Make Money Blogging At Any Level: Whether your page views are 10K or 100K how to make money blogging. 40% commission.
● Amy Lynn Andrews: Knowtbook – Simple straight forward no nonsense approach to blogging. 40% commission.
● HerPaperroute: The Author of Blog Boss and blog auditor. 40% commission.
● Pinterest Ninja: Pinterest course for bloggers, 30% commission
● Blog Traffic eBook: How to crack the Pinterest traffic code ebook from the sheapproach! Make 40% commission on your sales.
● Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing: Michelle Schroeder Gardner’s classic course and best seller that covers everything you need to know about Affiliate Marketing. How to make money while you sleep. She makes over $50,000 a month from affiliate marketing and so can you! You must take the course to be an affiliate. 40% commission.
● How to be a Freelance Writer: Gina Horkey’s highly successful course to becoming a freelance writer in 30 days or less. 40% commission.
● How to be a Pinterest Virtual Assistant – The Busy Budgeter’s wildly successful course on becoming a Pinterest VA. 40% commission.
● If the student enrolls for $399, your commission will be $159.60
● If the student enrolls for $449, your commission will be $180.00.
● If the student enrolls for $799, your commission will also be $180.00.
● They are going to continue to pay out commissions twice a month, with a 999 day cookie and net 15 days of sale (to account for any course refunds). Even with these changes remain one of the most generous options on the marketplace today!
In How to Make Money as an Amazon Affiliate ebook my friend Laura walks you through all the steps you need to take to master Amazon’s affiliate program. She covers everything, from how to pick the right products to promote and how to get your account approved to how to create high-converting content and the best affiliate marketing strategies.
Personal Finance Affiliate Programs
● Inbox Dollars: Survey website that pays you to take surveys, pays $1.40 per lead (email sign-up)
● Swagbucks: Another survey website, pays $3 per lead (email sign-up)
● Ibotta: Grocery rebate app that you use in store like coupons, pays $5 per sign-up
● Ebates: Money saving website, pays $5 per sign-up
● Grocery Budget Makeover: Online course to help you save money grocery shopping, 20% commission
● Craftsy: Online crafting courses, 75% commission on first-time sales
● Creative Market: Online marketplace selling digital goods, 10% commission
● Etsy: Online craft marketplace, 4% commission
● Udemy: Online course website, 50% commission
● Ebay: Global online marketplace with millions of products. Commission varies.
● Itunes: Global publishers of online eBooks, apps, programs and more! Commission varies.
And there you have it! 54 profitable affiliate marketing programs.
Remember, there are hundreds of others that you can apply for but these are excellent for getting you started and have the highest commissions!
Now here’s an important tip: You do need to wait to apply your affiliate links until you have decent traffic.
The reason for this is because certain affiliate links have different ‘cookie’ expirations. In case you don’t know what a cookie is it’s the small amount of data generated by a website to remember information about you. That’s how it knows that you like certain products and information.
Some affiliate cookies have no expiration dates. Wealthy affiliate for one has a lifetime cookie. Which means you keep earning commissions from it forever! Certain ones like Amazon are 24hrs or 90 days depending.
Keep this in mind…
Affiliate marketing takes time and dedication. The more you work on affiliate marketing, the more affiliate marketing will work for you. I’m not kidding.
Affiliate marketing earned my blog over $10,000.00 in 2018.
Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income earns over $100,000 per month with Affiliate Marketing.
The Penny Hoarder $1Million last year. Not a typo!
This quick start guide barely scratches the surface of affiliate marketing! If you want to learn more, be sure to check out the FREE Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers eBook and course by clicking here.
Or Michelle’s classic course Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing here.
These comprehensive courses contains detailed tutorials and covers everything you need to know about affiliate marketing.
Whether you are new to affiliate marketing or you simply want to increase your earnings, these courses will help you reach your profit goals of making a passive income online from anywhere on the planet.
For these and more cutting edge strategies to drive traffic to your blog or website site up today! Let me know if you have any others that work for you!