Last Updated 2 months by Emily Standley-Allard
If you love writing, there are numerous opportunities and ways to make unlimited money writing content for others and develop it into a great full time or part time career that you can do from virtually anywhere.
Despite the surge of AI generated copy, people are still needed to write and edit blogs, create unique content, optimized web pages and landing pages, brochures, social media posts, white papers, e-guides, scripts, templates and much more.
Creating valuable written content has become extraordinarily popular for internet businesses and website owners in general. It is a way for people to interact with their customers or clients, for them to gain valuable information, and traffic, and get some much-needed feedback on how effective they are as a business owner.
I have made upwards of $600+ a day writing content for other companies around the world. There’s no reason that you can’t do the same.
If you’re not making the money online that you hoped you would, you may be going about it the wrong way. Read this post for some of my personal tips when I was starting out:
How I Made Money My 6th Month Blogging
What Types of Companies Need Writers?
Businesses recognize the need for high quality content as this is an important SEO marketing strategy and a crucial aspect in terms of building their site’s domain authority.
Despite the sizeable boom of video content in our faces these days there is still a tremendous need for quality written content across the board in thousands of industries.
Update! The global content marketing industry revenue was estimated at roughly 63 billion U.S. dollars. The source projected that it would increase to 72 billion in 2023 and that it would continue growing over the further years to reach 107 billion in 2026 – Statista.com
All types of major brands, companies and industries need writers to create compelling content. Here are a few examples:
- Technology: Tech companies need writers to create content for their websites, blogs, social media, and marketing materials. They also need writers to create documentation for their products and services.
- Marketing: Marketing agencies need writers to create content for their clients’ websites, blogs, social media, advertising and email marketing campaigns.
- Media: Media companies need writers to create content for their websites, magazines, newspapers, video platforms and other publications.
- Education: Educational institutions need writers to create content for their websites, blogs, and marketing materials. They also need writers to create textbooks, on and offline course materials, webinars, and other educational resources.
- Healthcare: Healthcare companies need writers to create content for their websites, blogs, and marketing materials. They also need writers to create patient education materials and other healthcare-related content.
- Financial services: Financial services companies need writers to create content for their websites, blogs, and marketing materials. They also need writers to create financial reports and other financial-related content.
- Legal services: Legal services companies need writers to create content for their websites, blogs, and marketing materials. They also need writers to create legal documents and other legal-related content.
- Government: Government agencies need writers to create content for their websites, blogs, and marketing materials. They also need writers to create reports, brochures, and other government-related content.
- Nonprofit organizations: Nonprofit organizations need writers to create content for their websites, blogs, and marketing materials. They also need writers to create grant proposals and other fundraising materials.
In addition to these specific industries, many other types of companies and organizations need dedicated writers to create content.
For example, retail companies need writers to create product descriptions and other marketing materials.
Manufacturing companies need writers to create product manuals and other documentation.
And practically every small business out there now need writers to create content for their websites and social media pages.
- 19 Gift Ideas Exclusively for Content Creators and Entrepreneurs
- Important Considerations for Businesses with Remote Workers
- How to Get Paid for Things You Do Online Daily
- 19 Great Holiday Gift Ideas for the Gen Xer in Your Life
- 14 Ways to Make Your Small Business Eco-Friendly
What Types of Content Do Companies Need?
Not only to companies need well written blog posts, but there’s also so much other types of content that’s needed and others are willing to pay money for such as:
- Email templates
- Lead magnets
- Drip campaigns
- Landing page templates
- Webinar scripts
- Blog topic ideas – the list is endless!
Ways to Make Unlimited Money by Writing Content
- Freelance writing: This is the most common way to make money writing content for others. You can find freelance writing jobs on websites like Upwork, Fiverr, and these top publishing websites. You can also reach out to potential clients directly and offer your services.
- Copywriting: Copywriters write persuasive text for marketing materials, such as websites, ads, writing product reviews, scripts, and sales brochures. Copywriters are in high demand, and they have the potential to earn excellent money.
- Content writing: Content writers write a variety of types of content, such as blog posts, articles, social media posts, and email newsletters. Content writers typically work for businesses that need to create high-quality content to attract and engage their audience.
- Ghostwriting: Ghostwriters write books, articles, and other types of content on behalf of other people. Ghostwriters typically don’t receive credit for their work, but they can earn very good money, especially if they work with high-profile clients like celebrities and politicians.
- Technical writing: Technical writers create and edit documentation for technical products and services. Technical writers need to have a strong understanding of the products and services they’re writing about, but they also need to be able to write clear and concise instructions.
Here are some tips to make money writing content for others:
- Choose a niche: It’s easier to find clients and get paid well if you have a niche. This could be a specific industry, topic, or type of writing. Read about how you can find a profitable niche in this post.
- Build a portfolio: Your portfolio is the best way to show potential clients your skills and experience. This can be a website, a Google doc or LinkedIn page. Include a variety of writing samples in your portfolio, including blog posts, articles, social media posts, and email newsletters.
- Market yourself: Let potential clients know that you’re available for work. You can market yourself through your website, social media platforms, placing ads and networking. To learn how to promote yourself read this post.
- Set competitive rates: You want to charge enough to make a profit, but you also don’t want to price yourself out of the market. Research what other writers in your niche are charging and set your rates accordingly. For some tips on what to charge for your writing read this post.
- Network with other writers: Networking is a great way to learn about new opportunities and meet potential clients. Attend writing conferences, join Facebook writing groups, attend local meetups, and connect with other writers on other social media platforms.
Keep Improving Your Writing Skills
Needless to say, especially if you are an absolute beginner writer, you want to upgrade your writing skills by taking an online course or class or purchase some books. These techniques will ensure that your sentence structure and grammar elements are up to snuff.
Today there is helpful software like Grammarly.com and Hemingway and others that can help ease the pain of remembering painful grammar lessons.
However, the better your skills, the more in demand you’ll be. You will be able to pick and choose your clients, and eventually gain a reputation as a content professional.
Whether you are a student, a stay-at-home mom, a retiree or you just want to have a second income to make more money, creating written content is a fantastic option to make unlimited money writing from anywhere.
- 100+ Creative Ways to Make Money On and Offline
- 100+ Websites That Pay Writers Big Money to Write in 2023
- Top 6 Publishing Platforms Writers Can Make Money
- How to Fix 4 AI Mistakes in Your Content Marketing Plan
Even if you’re a total beginner to writing, once you get your first few clients a snowball effect occurs once the word gets out.
As long as you keep providing excellent service and high-quality writing you can always expect to have business and make a decent income.
And who knows? You may be joining the ranks one day of content writers and copy writers who command $100, $200, to $1,000 per post such as Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp who makes $1000 for her inspirational Instagram posts. This is not a typo!
By following the tips above, you can increase your chances of success and make unlimited money writing content for multiple businesses and from almost anywhere.
If you are already writing or just starting out, but don’t know where to begin making money writing content for others here is my fantastic FREE list of publishers (some that pay $50-$2,000 per article) to help get you started – Head on over to this post now.