Last Updated 3 months by Emily Standley-Allard
TikTok is the fastest-growing social media platform and has surpassed 1.5 billion users already in 2022. It’s imperative that marketers learn how to think like a TikTok marketing agency to retain their clients and bring in results.
There is a quick shift in TikTok becoming one of the most trusted and used social media platforms for consumers to research brands, make purchase decisions, and with TikTok Shopping will become a closed-loop shopping experience for users.
TikTok marketing agencies like House of Marketers help entire businesses scale with by partnering them with the best influencers on TikTok.
Is TikTok Good for Marketing?
TikTok is one of the most used social media apps globally, competing for users’ time with Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
While it’s still growing its user base, which is expected to reach 1.5 billion in 2022, it commands the highest daily time from users with 60 minutes per day, and the runner-up, Instagram, only takes up 33 minutes of user’s days.
Not only are consumers using TikTok more, but they are also turning to it for purchase decisions, and spending on TikTok increased by 300% in 2021, while other social media platforms saw a decrease in consumer spending.
Any TikTok marketing agency can attest to the diverse nature of TikTok users. There is still a misconception that TikTok is for teens, but that has significantly changed over the past three years as the TikTok user base has jumped from the low millions into the billions.
Demographics are constantly changing, but on average, 25% of the user base is under 19, and only 5% is over 50, which means that 70% of users on TikTok are between 19-49 now. In addition, there is a relatively even split between men and women, with women only slightly outnumbering men on TikTok.
Benefits Of TikTok Marketing
Every TikTok marketing agency has seen huge benefits in shifting more ad spending to TikTok since 2020 and depending on your marketing goals, the benefits are growing.
- Brand Awareness
- TikTok provides a cost-effective way to boost brand awareness by working with niche influencers who cost less but have higher engagement than larger influencers on other social media platforms.
- Short video content to match consumer demand
- TikTok is the king of short video content for new generations that want high entertainment through short videos. 50% of consumers prefer engaging with and following brands that use short format videos.
- Building dynamic and organic communities
- TikTok is one of the best algorithms to build dynamic and organic communities simply through how users interact with the system.
Once your brand has engaged a community, your brand loyalty, and awareness through consumers interested in the same topic will be drawn to you automatically.
- Closed-loop shopping
- TikTok now allows brands to directly sell to consumers on TikTok through TikTok Shopping. Marketers can then utilize consumer reaction videos to push even more marketing efforts into a growing community.
TikTok marketing agencies that can effectively market their customer’s brands can also show a direct correlation between marketing effects and sales.
How Meta is Struggling to Compete with TikTok
How to Use TikTok Influencer Marketing to Drive More Sales
TikTok Marketing Tactics You Need to Know
Tik Tok For Fame – 10 Tips to Go Viral
Tactics That Can Help You Think Like a TikTok Marketing Agency
Becoming a TikTok marketing agency is as simple as figuring out the best methods to market your customer’s brands and products to TikTok users. There are multiple options and methods available, and they differ slightly from traditional marketing on social media.
Create Authentic and Fun Content
TikTok users don’t want to be directly marketed towards with traditional “buy our product” images that you see on other social media platforms. It’s essential to create or work with influencers to create authentic and fun content that users want to engage with.
An effective TikTok marketing agency will find ways to incorporate trends, popular sounds, and effects into their video for higher engagement. It’s also important not to just tell consumers to come buy your product.
TikTok users prefer brands that teach something or show exciting information about an industry. So behind the scenes looks at a business or teaching people how to apply certain makeup styles if you’re marketing a cosmetic business are highly effective.
Create TikTok Ads
TikTok is one of the few social media platforms that have significantly increased their ad profits, which is indicative that they work, so as a TikTok marketing agency, you need to understand that different TikTok ad formats available and work with clients to find the best option for them, some of the more effective TikTok ads include:
- In-feed ads
- Create engaging videos that can be inserted into users’ “For You Pages” or their standard feeds. Users can then flow through to a store, landing page, download apps, or simply become aware of your brand.,
- TopView Ads
- Similar to In-feed ads, TopView ads allow you to get placement as the first video a user sees as they open their app. Your ads can often be seen multiple times throughout the day as users come and go from the app.
- Brand Takeover Ads
- Create a 3-second image or 3-5 second video ad that users see as soon as they open the app. It provides huge brand awareness but also comes at a cost; however, you’ll be the only brand takeover ad that users see on a specific day.
Work With TikTok Influencers
TikTok influencers are some of the most effective and engaging across all social media platforms. It’s important as a TikTok marketing agency that you build relationships and become aware of tracking engagement rates for different influencers to get the best ROI.
TikTok users have a strong preference for discovering and being recommended to brands or products through their favorite influencers rather than direct marketing from a brand.
One of the great things about TikTok is that niche influencers that cost less to work with can be as effective as larger influencers. You can work with multiple smaller niche influencers for the same cost as one large influencer on another social media platform and get better results through the combined efforts.
The TikTok algorithm ensures that all videos have an equal chance of being viewed with limited correlation to an influencer’s follower count, and it’s more about the quality of the video being produced. Smaller niche influencers on TikTok have the highest engagement rates when compared with larger influencers.
How to Get Hired as a Social Media Influencer in 2022
Build A TikTok Marketing Strategy
As a TikTok marketing agency, you’ll need to build an effective marketing strategy geared towards how TikTok works; some of the basic steps include:
- Determine who the audience is for each brand
- This allows you to build single or multiple campaigns based on TikTok’s advanced advertising options with multiple demographic filtering criteria.
- Determine your goal
- Is your client looking for brand awareness, app downloads, leads, or sales?
- Build a content strategy
- Will you rely on influencers to create content for you, or will you build your own content using the most effective trends and sounds?
It’s challenging to build your own content, and it is often more effective to work with influencers for each niche who understand what works with users.
- Track analytics
- TikTok ads allow you to track the effectiveness of your ads so that you can determine which marketing methods are working best for each client you’re working with.
With direct sales becoming possible through TikTok, you and the client will be able to have hard stats on which marketing methods produce real results, so you can discard methods or options that may produce high engagement but limited benefit.
How To Be an Effective TikTok Marketing Agency
TikTok isn’t just another social media marketing platform; it’s changing how users want to be engaged and showing better returns on marketing investments.
The most effective way to work as a TikTok marketing agency is to follow what successful agencies have been doing, such as House of Marketers, and utilize TikTok influencers who understand what their niche wants.
Unless you have a highly creative team that can build constant engaging videos for many clients, it’s going to be more effective to work with influencers in each niche as required.
The great thing is the costs are much lower on TikTok, so it’s a much more viable option than other social media platforms.
Join me in THE HIVE for creators for complete access to unlock exclusive content, the best resources, publishing opportunities, the latest trends, and special news all in one place to build your best business online!